Here at Kobalt Consulting we are passionate about everything we do. We strive for continuous improvement and knowledge in industry techniques and subject areas. Our team is committed to delivering what we promise and brings a vast amount of experience to our client’s needs.
Cyber Security is a critical component of any organization’s information systems management strategy. Kobalt is expert at ensuring data and systems integrity while safeguarding confidentiality and availability to support our clients’ missions.
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Certification & Accreditation (C&A)
- Security Testing & Evaluation (ST&E)
- Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
- Enterprise Risk Assessments, Management Framework Compliance & Auditing
- FISMA/NIST 800-53 revision 4 assessments | DIACAP | DISTCAP
- Policy & Procedural Documentation Development
- Cybersecurity Laboratory Integration Services (R&D)
- Cybersecurity Training
View A case study on Cyber Security Here
Whether you require intensive customization of a commercial product, a proprietary solution developed from your concept to a complete application, or the integration of systems and data, Enlightened can support your advanced development needs. Our team will help you implement the most viable solution for your organization with personalized support to ensure a smooth transition. That is the difference that comes from an Enlightened state of mind.
Our Expertise Includes:
SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) custom solutions
Data systems integration and communication
COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) implementation and support
BI/DW (Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing)
Operations & Maintenance
As trusted strategic advisors, our experts are passionate about constantly pursuing innovative ways to help your organization operate at peak performance. We will work with you to identify and implement strategies to maximize efficiency so you experience the business impact you deserve.
Our Management Consulting Expertise Includes:
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
- IT Strategic Planning
- Quality Assurance and Performance Management
- Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
- Training Development & Facilitation
- Workforce planning analysis.
The key to outsourcing operations and services responsibilities are finding a Business Process services provider with a superior reputation, quality of work and documented industry experience. Our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services are strategic across federal, state and local governments and the transportation and healthcare sectors. A new generation of business process services is here and we are leading the way while maintaining a focus on the customer experience.
Our BPO Services Include:
- Call Center Management
- Help Desk Support
- Data and Document Management
- Back Office mailroom and electronic payment processing
What is one of the key ingredients for continued business success? It is to have right skills at the right time to serve your customer right.
So now, leave your changing skill needs and varying staff needs to us so that you can concentrate on other aspects of that tight-schedule project!
We can help augment your staff with:
- Network support
- Technical writers
- Program/Project managers
- Business Process Engineers
We help our customers retrieve, track and assess all source ambiguous intelligence information. Our wide range of services throughout intelligence life cycle help customers think ahead of time and plan future.
We are pleased to offer following intelligence operations:
- All Source Intelligence Analysis
- Counterintelligence process and analysis
- SIGINT process and analysis
- Collection management
- Policy development
We provide subject matter experts in various areas of digital forensics. Our experts have hands-on expertise. They are able to develop training modules that provide real life threat situations and tools to perform accurate assessments and solutions.
The training we offer:
– Development of Training Needs Assessment
– Designing Training Plans and Learning Objectives Developing
– Training and Materials
– Implementation of Training
– Evaluation of Training and Results
Kobalt’s experienced software engineers utilize the Software Engineering Institutes best practices for secure software engineering free of common vulnerabilities. We specialize in developing custom modular code that is scalable, reusable, and maintainable for UNIX, LINUX and Microsoft platforms. If we know of a product that will meet the needs of our customers then why recreate the wheel? We integrate GOTs and COTS products into our systems when it meets the requirements of our customers saving valuable time and money. We test our software components prior to deployment and verify during integration that our product meets our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations in software assurance.
C, C++, C#
Our cybersecurity services and solutions are aimed at improving security and reducing risk for a wide range of healthcare organizations from hospitals, healthcare GPOs to physician practices.
- Standard templates (i.e. HIPPAA Compliance, FISMA, HITRUST)
- Delivery of Policies and Procedures
- Implementation Recommendations and Assistance
- Remediation Process and Procedures
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting
- Governance, Risk and Compliance including:
- Defining organization cybersecurity and data privacy program roles and responsibilities
- Improving threat-management capabilities with connected devices.
- Identifying the use and transfer of sensitive medical information, and improve practices that adhere to HIPAA.
- Information sharing from MD-VIPER/ISAC/MDISS.
- Implement guidelines for identification of breach and notification procedures
- Execute operational procedure for immediate shutdown of affected system(s)
- Identify tools available to affect remediation
- Develop training materials (security practices, testing, etc.)
- Setup training schedule
- Train-the-trainer (for large hospitals or healthcare organizations)
- Establish hosting site for material (SharePoint)
- Webinar & online training
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION OF SCADA SYSTEMS
At Kobalt, our team of cyber professionals provide solutions to issues with command and control and legacy systems as we have expertise in critical infrastructure and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) network security. The work we do is focused toward securing current systems, providing development education, and security of future systems that are integrated into the current landscape.
Our list of services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Breach assessment services
- Compliance with:
- the NIST Risk Management Framework,
- the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE),
- ISO/IEC standards,
- US ICS-CERT, HSPD-7,
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards,
- FIPS, and
- Section 816 of the Patriot Act compliance and audits
- Device security management
- Identity access management
- Security strategy consulting
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
Our projects regarding Intelligent Transportation Systems include the development of detailed micro-simulation traffic models. Additionally, our cyber professionals focus on providing the best security practices pertaining to secure coding for transportation devices such as:
- Analysis, design, and implementation of vehicle message signs
- Video/camera systems
- Highway-speed electronic toll collection systems
TRAFFIC IMPACT STUDIES
An issue for most developmental projects is the impact on adjacent and external transportation systems. A traffic impact analysis is typically required to document these impacts. Our team’s experts work with the city’s authorities to secure approval based on the analysis conducted.
Our team of transit professionals have expertise in the following areas:
- Community planning
- Transportation planning
- Traffic impact analysis
- Financial analysis
TRANSIT FARE PAYMENT SERVICES
Our Fare Collection Solutions are intended to help public transit operators, reduce operating costs, and improve services through:
- Electronic payment and smart card applications
- Ticket vending machines
- Rider access devices
INVENTORY AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
For inventory and asset management, we offer solutions to:
- Improve analysis of inventory strategies
- Improve key performance indicator scores
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Lower operating costs
- Maximize asset utilization
- Mineralize inventory waste and obsolescence